Sunday, April 24, 2011

How To Make A Flower Jewelry Holder #GlueNGlitter



Today, I had a project to complete and I am very happy with the end result. Would you like to know how I created this lovely Flowered Jewelry Holder and spent less than $10? Well, you are in luck because I am going to give you step-by-step instructions.

First, you need to gather the right supplies.




I found this pot in the garden center at my local Walmart Supercenter for under $1! I thought that it would be perfect to use to plant my "flowers".


These sticks will make the perfect stems for my flowers. Also purchased for less than $1!


When I found these foam stickers, I knew I hit the jackpot. For under $6, I was able to accessorize my project exactly how I wanted.

The only other item necessary for this project was some play-doh that I already had at home.

Once you get all of the supplies together, you are ready to begin your crafting project. First, lay out the Elmer's Bi-Fold Foam Board flat on the table or other flat surface. Put a little play-doh in the bottom of your planter. This is necessary to keep the sticks in place. Then, set the planter in the center of the Elmer's board and decorate around the planter. The great thing about the foam flowers is that you can peel off the back and place the flower on the board because it already has a sticky side. Once you are ready, find some big flowers because they will be best for holding a pair of earrings. Place the flower on the end of one of the sticks and place the stick inside the play-doh that is in the planter. Do that a few more times with more sticks as desired. Put some finishing touches on the Elmer's board and your craft is complete in about half an hour!


It's easy, fun and doesn't break the bank!


This project has been compensated as part of a craft recipe project using Elmer's #collectivebias
All opinions are my own.

2 comments: